Iranian Photography Now
Check out the Iranian Photography Now sale.
Iranian photographers in particular depict a different Iran from the one typically seen in western media. While many viewers are used to seeing news images that portray Iran as an anti-American nation, these artists offer a glimpse into everyday Iranian life. They show what it means to live and work in Iran as artists expressing themselves through imagery and symbols that are inherent to their culture. These artists create unique and powerful photographic images through the incorporation of distinctly Iranian motifs, including traditional clothing, such as burkas and headscarves, and popular designs and patterns traditionally seen in garments and rugs.
- tangothelimevworpmango likes this
- mitsamrich likes this
- downlo likes this
- heavensenthellaway reblogged this from artnet
- kadirjusuf likes this
- thurston-hearts-the-who likes this
- sneuendorf reblogged this from artnet
- sneuendorf likes this
- parkingcars likes this
- rezahashemizadeh likes this
- idroolinmysleep likes this
- delusionsofgranduerr likes this
- artnet posted this