Facts About Yayoi Kusama
Yayoi Kusama's life has taken her from rural Japan to the New York art scene to contemporary Tokyo. Famed for her dot patterns, Kusama's art encompasses a broad variety of media, including painting, sculpture, film, and installations.
Have a look at a few facts about Yayoi Kusama, courtesy of artnet Analytics:
- Her highest sale price was achieved in 2008 when her work No. 2 (1959) sold for US$5,794,500 at Christie’s New York.
- This year, her work Infinity-nets whxotlo sold for US$1,557,690 at SBI Art Auction, Tokyo. This is her 4th highest selling work to date.
- kylehashana likes this
- elektrickamodra likes this
- streetsick likes this
- calvinrosscarl likes this
- orangieland reblogged this from listeningstill
- listeningstill reblogged this from artnet and added:
- listeningstill likes this
- vanbrabsongallery reblogged this from artnet
- vanbrabsongallery likes this
- arthistorysoup reblogged this from artnet
- arthistorysoup likes this
- sneuendorf reblogged this from artnet
- sneuendorf likes this
- artnet posted this