Facts About Gustav Klimt
Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt, whose work caused controversy for its celebration of sexuality, produced some of the world’s most expensive art on sale today.
Famed for his painting The Kiss (1907-1908), which reflects his fascination with eroticism, Klimt is also well-known for his Portrait of Adele Bloch Bauer.
- His highest selling work at auction, Adele Bloch-Bauer II (1912), sold for US$87,936,000 at Christie’s New York in 2006.
- His Adele Bloch-Bauer I sold for US$135 million in 2006, but this was at a private sale at Christie’s.
- Klimt’s Global Auction Sales Volume in 2006 (all works excluding prints) was US$196,415,410.
- elaboratelies reblogged this from childishhysterics
- childishhysterics reblogged this from the-paintrist
- suspendedinasunbeam reblogged this from artnet
- virgo289 reblogged this from artnet
- garage236 likes this
- kelsylately likes this
- functionalpsychosis likes this
- electricjunk reblogged this from the-paintrist
- culturalreserve reblogged this from the-paintrist
- nudesmokingjazz reblogged this from artnet
- kedarkulkarnifineart likes this
- ecurblaoc likes this
- shearlingmonkey likes this
- dutch-and-flemish-painters likes this
- silverfishsilvervein likes this
- the-paintrist reblogged this from artnet and added:
- the-paintrist likes this
- sneuendorf reblogged this from artnet
- sneuendorf likes this
- artnet posted this