Remembering Berenice Abbott
American photographer Berenice Abbott was born on this day in 1898.
A 20th-century artist of limitless imagination, Berenice Abbott devoted her life to photography. She began her photographic career in 1923 as an apprentice to her friend, Man Ray, in his Paris studio.
Abbott established her own portrait studio in 1926, where she took photographs of the celebrated writers and artists of the day, including James Joyce, Jean Cocteau, and the French photographer Eugene Atget.
- celestenokomiswakanda likes this
- sneuendorf likes this
- emturner likes this
- ecurblaoc likes this
- frkdanger reblogged this from artnet
- mouthyheritage likes this
- chesterd reblogged this from artnet and added:
- chesterd likes this
- sistawomangirl likes this
- meaganharman reblogged this from artnet
- quincampoix likes this
- theroamer likes this
- artnet posted this