Big Ben Rings In the Olympic Games
London’s iconic Big Ben clock will ring 40 times between 8:12 a.m. (EST) and 8:15 a.m. to celebrate the start of the Olympic Games on Friday, July 27!
The event was conceived by Turner Prize-winning artist Martin Creed, who has called it Work No. 1197: All the bells in a country rung as quickly and as loudly as possible for three minutes; it is expected to set a world record for mass bell-ringing.
This will be the first time Big Ben has chimed outside its regular schedule since the funeral of King George VI in February 1952.
Everyone is being encouraged to take part in the celebration by ringing any kind of bell!
- lovelytimelady reblogged this from seattlesomeday
- followwebofdnw likes this
- morganandthings reblogged this from seattlesomeday
- seattlesomeday reblogged this from barefootmarley
- pussykatliz reblogged this from barefootmarley
- brendacanton likes this
- barefootmarley reblogged this from artnet
- tnpmine likes this
- codyriddell likes this
- yourestilllostlittlegirl reblogged this from artnet
- steeped-in-ink likes this
- lscontemporary reblogged this from artnet
- lustik likes this
- gipxs likes this
- sneuendorf reblogged this from artnet
- sneuendorf likes this
- thelonelylokicat likes this
- artinthecommonera likes this
- loveishardtodealwith reblogged this from artnet
- artnet posted this