Meet Rebecca, Our Price Database Production Manager
1. What were you doing before you came to artnet?
Before joining artnet, I was studying art history and German at Virgina Commonwealth University. So joining a German art firm was a perfect fit!
2. Did you always want to work in the art world?
Yes. But I lacked the necessary discipline to become an artist, so I studied art history!
3. Tell us about your job at artnet.
I’m a Production Manager for the artnet Price Database. So, I am responsible for collecting all auction data, both before and after the sale, and getting it into our Price Database—and therefore accessible to the galleries, collectors, auction houses, and other art professionals that rely on our data.
4. Which is your favorite art period?
It’s evolving. In college I loved Flemish Renaissance. Now, at artnet, I’m learning to appreciate Contemporary Art as well!
5. Who is your favorite artist?
Recently, I’ve become more interested in Edward Hopper—I’m fascinated with his use of light and his loneliness.
6. If you could own any artwork, which would you chose?
Definitely Night Hawks by Edward Hopper. Although, even if money were not an issue, I would buy my friends’ artwork.
7. Which art events are you looking forward to this year?
The one event I would love to visit is Art Basel Miami—obviously for the art, but let’s not forget the parties!
8. What is the latest art show you attended?
I went to the Art & Press exhibit at Berlin’s Martin Gropius Bau, which was fantastic. Also, Gallery Weekend Berlin.
9. If you could have dinner with any three artists, living or dead, who would you choose?
Probably Edward Hopper, he seems lonely! Da Vinci; as an artist and an inventor, he must be an extremely interesting guy. I’d love to hear his ideas. And also with Duchamp—a dinner conversation with him is bound to make a lasting impression!