Remembering Jacques-Louis David
Influential French Neoclassical painter Jacques-Louis David was born on this day in 1748.
David painted in the service of royalty, radical revolutionaries, and even an emperor! Even though his political allegiances shifted, he remained faithful to Neoclassicism. David taught a generation of students, including Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres, how to work in this style.
- venusianpaintings likes this
- 336 likes this
- notsquared reblogged this from artnet
- goatymilky likes this
- draculaderonda likes this
- makingsenses reblogged this from artnet
- mrsims reblogged this from artnet
- jimimozart reblogged this from artnet
- jimimozart likes this
- clarkart likes this
- odioamore likes this
- shakesberry likes this
- artnet posted this