Warhol vs. S&P
The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts is auctioning off the rest of the Pop artist’s estate. A sale of this magnitude will most likely affect the Mugrabi family the most, as they are said to have one of the largest collections of Warhol artworks.
We used artnet Analytics to compare Warhol’s index from 2001 to 2011 against the S&P. The first chart shows that Warhol’s market recovered quickly from the crash that took place from 2007 to 2009. This index does not include prints.
The second image is a Print Market graph showing the total sales volume of Warhol prints from 2001 to 2011. This graph also shows Warhol’s quick recovery and the strength of his market.
- lsplichal reblogged this from artnet
- boots-1 likes this
- lamonting likes this
- kropotkinskaya-station reblogged this from artnet
- primuscapio likes this
- vangoghsotherear likes this
- readinglist32 reblogged this from artnet
- readinglist32 likes this
- sneuendorf reblogged this from cognacandcoffee
- sneuendorf likes this
- jimimozart likes this
- cognacandcoffee reblogged this from artnet
- wearecivilized likes this
- visual-aids likes this
- xesv reblogged this from artnet
- kerenmd likes this
- paintavision reblogged this from artnet
- artpedia likes this
- artnet posted this