Louvre Opens Islamic Galleries
In an unfortunate turn of events, the Louvre has opened its expansive, US$130 million Islamic Art wing amid tensions between the Islamic world and the West.
According to the BBC, at least 80 people were arrested last weekend in Paris, when French Muslims held demonstrations in protest of the anti-Islam film, Innocence of Muslims, which was made in the United States.
Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical magazine, also played its part in the unrest, publishing cartoons portraying and lampooning the Prophet Muhammad.
Representatives from the Louvre stress that the museum’s intent is to focus on the art, culture, and civilization.Browse the broad spectrum of Middle Eastern Art.
- assalamualaikumeveryone reblogged this from artnet
- thesinetyst likes this
- aimensar likes this
- arttovisit reblogged this from artnet and added:
- semyaklybok likes this
- otempestade likes this
- otempestade reblogged this from artnet
- randomfunnyfacts likes this
- kenzart reblogged this from artnet and added:
- darksilenceinsuburbia likes this
- theperditionist likes this
- cest-la-vie-et-mort reblogged this from artnet
- shitbow likes this
- destinysweet1 likes this
- kayleighfalcusinspiration reblogged this from artnet
- davidaedwards reblogged this from artnet
- artnet posted this