Ai Weiwei Loses Tax Appeal
Artist and dissident Ai Weiwei has again failed in a bid to challenge a tax evasion fine. A Chinese court upheld the US$2.4 million fine against the artist on Thursday, ending his long legal battle with the authorities.
Ai Weiwei risks jail time if he fails to pay the substantial fine.
“If I need to go to jail, there’s nothing I can do about it,” the artist told Reuters. “They don’t need an excuse to arrest me—they can always find another excuse at any time.”
- fazercafune reblogged this from artnet
- shinhanna reblogged this from artnet
- edwardiansnow likes this
- therealmlw reblogged this from artnet
- visual-aids likes this
- sneuendorf likes this
- sinbaa likes this
- sheepslasher likes this
- if-youre-feeling-sinister likes this
- theperditionist likes this
- variumfemina reblogged this from artnet
- artnet posted this