Lost Lichtenstein Returned
A painting by Pop artist Roy Lichtenstein has been miraculously found in a New York warehouse after 40 years!
Electric Cord (1961) disappeared from New York’s Leo Castelli Gallery in 1970, after being sent out to be cleaned. The work re-emerged this summer when Barbara Castelli was notified by the Lichtenstein Foundation that someone was trying to sell it.
At a press conference yesterday, Manhattan US Attorney Preet Bharara and the FBI confirmed that Electric Cord has finally been returned to Barbara Bertozzi Castelli, the widow of art dealer Leo Castelli.
- tropicult-miami likes this
- sublimespy likes this
- lookvariousthings reblogged this from artnet
- jshea890812 reblogged this from artnet
- telfairmuseums likes this
- artzing reblogged this from artnet
- violentlylistening likes this
- cupofcoldsick likes this
- gianadedier likes this
- lessonsoftoday likes this
- steinarbergolsen reblogged this from artnet
- artnet posted this