Hommage à Jansem
We are saddened to hear that acclaimed French artist Jean Jansem passed away in Paris on August 27, 2013.
Born in 1920 to an Armenian family living in Susurluk, Turkey, he spent his early childhood in Greece before settling with his family in Paris, France when he was 10 years old. After graduating from the Paris School of Decorative Arts in 1938, he exhibited at the Salon des Indépendants and quickly reached international recognition.
"I want to succeed in the synthesis between what is aesthetic and what is not."
Throughout his long career of more than 70 years, Jansem developed, between reality and illusion, figurative work that is sensitive and intuitive, without compromise to the many fashions of the contemporary world of art.
Represented exclusively by the Galerie Matignon in Paris, the artist’s life and work is now being celebrated in the exhibition, Hommage à Jansem.
Hommage à Jansem opens today, Sept 4, 2013 and runs through Oct 12, 2013.
- gylleneungdom likes this
- let-it-bed reblogged this from artnet
- artstopnamibia likes this
- cremenoir reblogged this from 1313997
- suheeyou reblogged this from artnet
- sendme2thaessence reblogged this from artnet
- rolandorosler likes this
- hairytriggerfinger reblogged this from artnet
- sirbukus reblogged this from artnet
- kurdistan0000mahabad reblogged this from artnet
- hollyberry6179 likes this
- oliver-voelkening likes this
- jordebot likes this
- yourusualsuspect likes this
- jnes1283 likes this
- gregorysiff likes this
- artanddesignmatters likes this
- electrichoney likes this
- lexestrex likes this
- hn-1973 likes this
- shybiatch reblogged this from artnet
- shybiatch likes this
- thewordoftheartists likes this
- nouelrielwork likes this
- smalldosesdaily reblogged this from artnet and added:
- freakinyeol likes this
- 1313997 reblogged this from artnet and added:
- 1313997 likes this
- travnash likes this
- delirioscreativos likes this
- crinklecutcowboy likes this
- cinnamoneclair reblogged this from artnet
- momo-mi-momo-hito likes this
- artnet posted this