Discovering Maxfield Parrish
We’re starting the week with something caffeinated and a look at the work of Maxfield Parrish, an American painter and illustrator active in the first half of the 20th century, who is known for his idealized neo-classical imagery.
His exacting attention to detail preceded the Photorealist and Hyper-Realist art movements, and his abundant imagination and love of fantasy elements has been an inspiration to many artists.
Parrish was considered one of the most successful and famous of the illustrators and painters during the Golden Age of Illustration, with artist Norman Rockwell referring to him as "my idol."
Browse more work by Maxfield Parrish at Edenhurst Gallery.
- dontbelievethetrolls reblogged this from artnet
- simeonascott likes this
- caroshanti likes this
- spookyabuki reblogged this from artnet
- luminousradar likes this
- artandcornfields likes this
- arianejurquet likes this
- aquariusrising11 likes this
- carolknight88 likes this
- kokata likes this
- dontbelievethetrolls likes this
- gorfor likes this
- darkbloomiana likes this
- stabsandstanzas likes this
- tootlesthelost reblogged this from artnet
- tootlesthelost likes this
- anarthistory reblogged this from artnet
- hn-1973 likes this
- gregorychatman likes this
- dashaoper reblogged this from artnet
- artnet posted this