Miami Art Week
We’re out enjoying Miami’s art world madness! From Tracey Emin at Soho House to Art Basel Miami Beach and Scope Art Show, check out our first impressions from Miami Art Week.
Also, here’s our essential guide to Art Basel Miami Beach.
The Top 300
It’s finally here! Our highly anticipated list of the top 300 most popular modern and contemporary artists around the world.
Breakfast with Kimsooja
In our series of Artist Breakfasts, our latest features artist Kimsooja in conversation with curator Jane Farver.
Kimsooja’s diverse practice combines performance, video, photo, site-specific installation, sound, light and bundles of Korean bedcovers to investigate issues of displacement, the self, and the human condition. Kimsooja transformed this year’s Korean Pavilion at the Venice Biennale with ‘To Breathe: Bottari’, a transcendental installation.
As 2013 draws to a close, take a look at some of the fantastic galleries worldwide who have recently joined our Gallery Network.
1. BC Gallery—Berlin, Germany
2. Yumiko Chiba Associates/The Estate of Jiro Takamatsu—Tokyo, Japan
3. Die Kunstagentin—Cologne, Germany
4. Jack Geary Contemporary—New York, NY, USA
5. HILTON | ASMUS CONTEMPORARY—Chicago, IL, USA
6. Identity Art Gallery—Hong Kong, China
7. Ink Studio—Beijing, China
8. Iris Gallery—
9. Julie Meneret Contemporary Art—New York, NY, USA
10. Mertens Fine Art—Montecito, CA, USA
11. Nekros Studios Inc.—Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
12. Galerie Orlando—Zurich, Switzerland
13. Robert Funk Fine Art—Miami, FL, USA
14. The Sun Tree Art Space—Beijing, China
15. Viota Gallery—San Juan, PR, USA
Pictured: Ink Studios, Beijing, China
When you pay high for the priceless, you’re getting it cheap.
Joining us from Hong Kong to Madrid, we’re thrilled to introduce the newest members of our Gallery Network.
1. Art Nouveau Gallery—Miami, FL, USA
2. Karima Boutaleb Gallery—New York, NY, USA
3. Fernández-Braso—Madrid, Spain
4. Gaffer—Hong Kong, China
5. mitterrand+cramer / art & design advisory—Geneva, Switzerland
6. Tixall House—Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Image: Rafael Barrios, Vertical Dislocado, 2012, courtesy of Art Nouveau Gallery
Banksy Hits NY
Watch our very own Alex Benrimon chat with CNN about Banksy’s latest exploits in New York, including selling his highly valued art for $60 in Central Park over the weekend!
From Istanbul to New York, we’re delighted to welcome the newest galleries to our Gallery Network!
1. Addison Rowe Gallery—Santa Fe, NM, USA
2. Berry Campbell—New York, NY, USA
3. Brian Morris Gallery—New York, NY, USA
4. Cortesi Contemporary SA—Lugano, Switzerland
5. Fiendish Dolan Suzuki—London, United Kingdom
6. H Benitez Fine Art Gallery—Coral Gables, FL, USA
7. LEMAN ART—Champéry, Switzerland
8. Galerie Melilli Mancinetti—Berlin, Germany
9. Merkur Gallery—Istanbul, Turkey
10. Rad Rosen Contemporary—Philadelphia, PA, USA
11. Vertical Gallery—Chicago, IL, USA
12. Wall-Street Gallery—West Hollywood, CA, USA
13. Wellington Fine Art—New York, Westhampton Beach, NY, USA
Image: Tony Cragg, Black Diabas, courtesy of Cortesi Contemporary SA
The Top 10
We uncovered the top 10 most expensive works of fine art sold at auction around the world in September.
The Top Artists
In largely unsurprising news, Andy Warhol remains at Nr. 1 in our monthly list of the top 300 most popular Modern and Contemporary artists. He is closely followed by Roy Lichtenstein and Street Artist Banksy. Speaking of the elusive British artist, he’s taking over New York with a month-long show on the streets of the city!
From Hong Kong to Washington, we’re thrilled to welcome these new members to our Gallery Network.
1. ArtConsult München—Munich, Germany
2. Art New Space—Beijing, China
3. Austin Art Projects—Palm Desert, CA, USA
4. Coates and Scarry—Bristol, United Kingdom
5. daea gallery—Seoul, Korea (South)
6. M. Kelner Projects—Washington, DC, USA
7. nina menocal gallery—Mexico City, Mexico
8. Ogilvie/Pertl Gallery—Chicago, IL, USA
9. Wellington Gallery Hong Kong—Hong Kong, China
Image: Beuys’s Topper by Zou Cao, courtesy of Wellington Gallery
Galleries on artnet
As the fall season gets under way, we’re thrilled to introduce the newest members of our Gallery Network!
1. ART LEXÏNG—Miami, FL, USA
2. Edenhurst Gallery—Palm Springs, CA, USA
3. J Perl Paintings—New York, NY, USA
4. John Raimondi Gallery—Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA
5. LAMB Arts—London, United Kingdom
6. Maximilian Wiedemann—New York, NY, USA
7. Ota Fine Arts—Singapore, Singapore; Tokyo, Japan
8. Scheinbaum & Russek Ltd—Santa Fe, NM, USA
9. Shirin Art Gallery—Teheran, Iran
10. Wellington Gallery Hong Kong—Hong Kong, China
Image: Courtesy of LAMB Arts
Top 300 Artists
Andy Warhol yet again tops our monthly list of the top 300 most popular artists worldwide—reclaiming his position from last month’s Nr 1., light artist James Turrell.
From Jerusalem to Mexico City, we’re absolutely thrilled to welcome galleries from around the world to our Gallery Network.
1. Ballard Fine Art—West Vancouver, BC, Canada
2. Blue Gallery—Three Oaks, MI, USA
3. Galerie Clemens Gunzer—Zurich, Switzerland
4. CONTINUUM GALLERY—Koenigswinter, Germany
5. FIFTY24MX—Mexico City, Mexico
6. Fromkin Fine Art—Jerusalem, Israel
7. Kavachnina Contemporary—Miami, FL, USA
8. Kelly Gallery—New York, NY, USA
9. M. Contemporary—New Orleans, LA, USA
10. Marlborough Contemporary—London, United Kingdom
11. Paul Cava Fine Art Photographs—Bala Cynwyd, PA, USA
12. Shin Gallery—New York, NY, USA
13. Soren Christensen Gallery—New Orleans, LA, USA
Pictured: M. Contemporary, New Orleans, LA, USA
The Gallery Network
Just a quick shout out to some of the fantastic galleries around the world who have joined our Gallery Network!
1. 2 Rules Fine Art—Marietta, GA, USA
2. ALEXANDER OCHS GALLERIES BERLIN | BEIJING—Berlin, Germany; Beijing, China
3. Art Now NY—New York, NY, USA
4. BD Barcelona Design Gallery—Barcelona, Spain
5. Catherine Green—Tesuque, NM, USA
6. Center Street Studio—Milton, MA, USA
7. David David Gallery—Philadelphia, PA, USA
8. Fouladi Projects—San Francisco, CA, USA
9. GBG Arts—Caracas, Venezuela
10. Sin Sin Fine Art—Hong Kong, China; Bali, Indonesia
11. Taymour Grahne Gallery—New York, NY, USA
12. universal arts Galerie Studio GmbH—Munich, Germany
Pictured: Taymour Grahne Gallery