Here’s a quick shout-out to all of the fantastic new artnet Galleries members!
1. Annet Gelink Gallery—Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2. Art Virus Ltd.—Frankfurt am Main, Germany
3. DeLuca Gallery—Madison, NJ, USA
4. Freight + Volume—New York, NY, USA
5. Hosfelt Gallery—San Francisco, CA, USA
6. Galerie Louis Carré & Cie—Paris, France
7. Progetti—Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
8. PUG—Oslo, Norway
9. The Residence Gallery—London, UK
10. Robert Tat Gallery—San Francisco, CA, USA
11. SHP Contemporary Fine Art—New York, NY, USA
Pictured: David Bailey, Michael Caine, courtesy of SHP Contemporary Fine Art
We’re thrilled to welcome the newest additions to our gallery network!
1. Galeria de Arte André—São Paulo, Brazil
2. Anton Kern Gallery—New York, NY, USA
3. Bekris Gallery—San Francisco, CA, USA
4. DaliLithographs.com/ WhiteSpaceGallery.com—New Haven, CT, USA
5. Dimaggio Galleries—Taranto, Italy
6. Kimberly Foster LLC—Amagansett, NY, USA
7. LAB ART—Los Angeles, Santa Monica, CA, USA
8. Lisson Gallery—London, UK; Milan, Italy; New York, NY, USA
9. The McLoughlin Gallery—San Francisco, CA, USA
10. Perlmutter Gallery—Averill Park, NY, USA
11. Scheublein Fine Art—Zurich, Switzerland
12. Stock in Art—Shasta, CA, USA
13. Ybakatu Espaço de Arte—Curitiba, Brazil
Pictured: Anton Kern Gallery—New York, NY, USA
The historic Woolworth Building, nicknamed the Cathedral of Commerce, turned 100 on Tuesday. We’re lucky enough to work on the 26th floor of the Neo-gothic tower, which overlooks all of downtown New York City.
Art Cologne 2013
The oldest and longest running fair of its type, Germany’s Art Cologne opened for VIPs today.
Since its founding in 1967, Art Cologne has had an enormous impact on not just German Art, but the development of the international art market as a whole.
A highlight in the international art fair circuit, about 200 galleries from more than 25 countries are showing some of the best of 20th and 21st century artworks this year.
Flip through the album to check out our first impressions from the fair!
We’re delighted to welcome the newest members to artnet Galleries!
1. Afterimage Gallery—Dallas, TX, USA
2. ARTNEW—Montpellier, France
3. ARTNEXT—Montpellier, France
4. Casa Lamm Galería—Mexico City, Mexico
5. Enrique Castanon—Washington, D.C., USA
6. Lionel Gallery—Laren, Noord-Holland, The Netherlands
7. Mercedes Viegas Arte Contemporânea—Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
8. Peter Fetterman Gallery—Santa Monica, CA, USA
9. PYTHON GALLERY—Erlenbach, Switzerland
Pictured: Luiza Peixoto Baldan’s Untitled (Series, A uma casa de distância da minha), 2012, courtesy of Mercedes Viegas Arte Contemporânea
Fresco: A painting technique, perfected at the time of the Renaissance, in which pigments suspended in water are applied to a damp plaster surface. As the pigments dry, they become a part of the plaster or wall surface.
Brush up on your art speak.
Affordable Art Fair
We’re proud to be partnering with the New York City Affordable Art Fair!
The 15th edition of the Affordable Art Fair will take place this spring, from April 3 to 7, at the Metropolitan Pavilion in Chelsea.
Showcasing over 80 Contemporary Art galleries with work by hundreds of artists, priced from under US$100 to up to US$10,000, there is definitely something for every budget and taste! In between browsing the aisles, the fair offers daily programming (tours, artist talks, and kid’s workshops over the weekend), an onsite café, and complimentary wrapping for any artwork that is purchased, if you do find something you absolutely can’t live without!
Dranoff Fine Art
There’s absolutely nothing better than starting your Wednesday morning with this in your mailbox!
“I wanted to tell you how happy I have been with my Artnet website. I’ve been a member for 12 years, and over that time I’ve met great collectors from all over the world. I’ve developed ongoing relationships with people from Asia, Europe, Latin America, and of course the US. Some of these clients I’ve never met, yet they have acquired substantial works without having seen the works in person, which always amazes me. A lot of it I attribute to the credibility of Artnet. I am still getting new collectors regularly from the site. The other day I put up 7 new works online, including a Keith Haring painting, Alex Katz painting, Sol Lewitt gouaches, Louise Bourgeois works on paper, and more. Within the next 24 hours I received more than 15 inquiries about all of these works, and sold the two Lewitts and the Haring that day. It was really quite amazing! I would heartily recommend Artnet to any art dealers with blue-chip works for sale, as a means to quickly sell works, and over the long term build up a high quality client base.”
-Glenn Dranoff, Dranoff Fine Art.
We’re thrilled; thank you, Glenn!
The Madness of Art
Jim Kempner’s The Madness of Art is a web series of short comic vignettes based on his experiences as a Chelsea art dealer. The videos, which he started to film a decade ago, are based on entertaining encounters that take place at Jim Kempner Fine Art.
From Beverly Hills to Singapore, we’re thrilled to welcome the latest artnet Galleries members!
1. Andrew Edlin Gallery—New York, NY
2. Carlyle Auctions, Inc.—New York, NY
3. Chan Hampe Galleries—Singapore, Singapore
4. Ma Galerie—Paris, France
5. Masters & Pelavin—New York, NY
6. Rachael Cozad Fine Art—Kansas City, MO
7. RedHouse Originals—Harrogate, UK
8. Revolver Gallery—Beverly Hills, CA
Pictured: Revolver Gallery
Most HNWIs (High Net Worth Individuals) live in the United States, Japan, and Germany, and account for a 53% share of the global art market!
Join us at the TEFAF Maastricht Art Symposium to learn more about what influences and motivates them when they buy art.
The Armory Show is in an especially celebratory mood this year, as 2013 marks the 100th anniversary of the groundbreaking fair! The first edition of the fair had changed the course of art history by introducing American audiences to Marcel Duchamp and other figures of the European avant garde.
Flip through our album for a sneak peek of the fair!
Art & Finance
With an ever evolving art market, now is the time to learn more about and increase our efforts to foster innovative dialogue on art and finance.
Join us and Deloitte for the annual Art and Finance Conference, which has taken place alongside prestigious fairs such as Art Basel Miami, FIAC, and Frieze. This year the conference will take place at TEFAF, one of the world’s oldest and most respected fairs of Fine Art.
Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star
Who would like to attend an exclusive private tour of NYC 1993: Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star at the New Museum?
The tour will take place this Friday, March 8, at 4:30 p.m., and will be followed by a drink or two at the Bowery Diner at 241 Bowery!
Please RSVP to Ashilee Schreiber at ASchreiber@artnet.com.
With this show, the New Museum is celebrating the gritty New York City of 20 years ago. Essentially, it’s an experiment in collective memory that attempts to capture a specific moment at the intersection of art, pop culture, and politics.
From glamorous New York to the avant garde art scene of Berlin, we’re thrilled to introduce our newest artnet Galleries members!
1. Chalk Horse—Australia
2. Chase Young Gallery—Boston, MA, USA
3. Circle Culture Gallery—Berlin, Germany
4. Greenaway Art Gallery / GAGPROJECTS—Kent Town, SA, Australia; Berlin, Germany
5. Ingrid Deuss Gallery—Antwerpen, Belgium
6. Galerie Mark Hachem—New York, NY, USA; Paris, France; Beirut, Lebanon
7. Ode To Art—Singapore, Singapore; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8. Pop and Contemporary Fine Art—Singapore, Singapore
9. Sprovieri—London, UK
Pictured: Mario Dellavedova, available at Sprovieri